David Beckham retires from football at 38

The former England captain David Beckham is to retire from football at the end of this season after an illustrious 21-year career.

Beckham, who is said to be worth around $220million, made 115 appearances for his country and played for Manchester United, Real Madrid, LA Galaxy, AC Milan and PSG.

He's the first Englishman to win league titles in four different countries,115 international caps and an OBE from the Queen.

In his statement, the father-of-four, who recently won a league title playing with Paris Saint-Germain said:
I feel now is the right time to finish my career, playing at the highest level. I want to thank all my team-mates, the great managers that I had the pleasure of learning from. I also want to thank the fans who have all supported me and given me the strength to succeed. Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. Kindly use the below form to drop your comment:

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Clicksomemore.