Kevin Durant fights back tears as he gives a heartfelt MVP speech

He hails his mom "You're the real MVP."......aww! so touching, I was even moved to tears!

Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant is 2014 NBA's Most Valuable Player.

The 25-year-old NBA Star, who took the No.1 spot over LeBron James (coming in 2nd) and Blake Griffin (who came in 3rd ), helped his team with a 59-23 regular season record, which was the 2nd best in the league.

At the awards presentation at the ceremony in Edmond, he gave a brilliant, heartfelt speech thanking everyone who helped him get to where he is today.

During his speech, he fought back tears as he thanked his mother Wanda Pratt (who was sitting in the front row) for raising him and his brother the best she could.
I don't think you know what you did. You had my brother when you were 18 years old. Three years later I came out. The odds were stacked against him. Single parent with two boys by the time you were 21 years old.

We weren't supposed to be here. You made us believe. You kept us off the street, put clothes on our backs, food on the table. When you didn't eat, you made sure we ate. You went to sleep hungry. You sacrificed for us. "You're the real MVP."
Durant also acknowledged the veterans that came before him who challenged him and the rookies who inspire him to do the right thing since they look up to him.
Everything in my life, I had to take it. They're not going to give it to you out of sympathy. I wouldn't want it any other way. This was another case, if I wanted to win the MVP, I had to go take it. I felt that this was the year I did that.
Watch his emotional acceptance speech below:

2 comments:

  1. No matter if some one searches for his vital thing, therefore he/she desires to be available
    that in detail, thus that thing is maintained over here.


    my web-site: mal de dos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your website, it is good. Check my website too.
    You can gry from
    my website.
    I like your website, it is good. Check my
    website too. You can gry from my website.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Kindly use the below form to drop your comment:

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Clicksomemore.