Impact of social networking media and cautions

I must confess I'm fb ''addict'' or rather say ''zombie'',I usually utilize most of my time when I'm at work or home using facebook and twitter to keep up with friends-perusing and reading new posts,chatting or going through friends' profiles to see new photos and stuff. I tried deactivating my account several times but like I said 'I'm fb addict' every time I end up reactivating it after 2-3 days.The negative use of the social media has impacted negatively on many things in my life.... I had to postpone my studies as I've missed so many classes during the second semester, I missed out on a lot of interesting information with all of the skipping I did,my performance@work drops big time,I don't sleep very well or very much,I've no time for family,friends or social activities.

Social media can be useful tools only if used more positively such as in raising awareness, Education,forums,job-hunting,researches or in business cases,and you can only spare some few minutes especially during the weekend to connect with friends across the entire globe! and others who work, study and live around you.

There aren't many situations in life where you get to start all over again,You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one.I now know my limits and can't wait to start my life all over again. ,Oh yeah! wish me luck....

Cautions on the Use of Social Networking Media
There are many precautions to take when you are practicing online social networking.Make sure you keep your personal information personal, also limit the viewers you have to your posting.Be careful with new “friends”, Take precautions with photos and what you say or post about family and friends.

Privacy
The information like your full name, your physical address and the routines you have made in you life should be kept away from online social networking.

Limit viewers
Make sure that only your friends, people that you personally know, can get to what you post. Also if new people want to be your friend, use great caution.

Make sure they are friendly friends
Dealing with strangers, or new friends. remember its not face-to-face interactions,my concern is about who is actually participating and whether they are who they represent themselves to be.When you get a new friend request you need to be very careful. This may be an innocent person who is very honest, but it could be a predator looking to steel you identity of give your computer a virus. You should always scan these emails and any attachments they have before opening them. Always have your firewall on the highest you can to help prevent predators from getting to your information.

What stays posted
Limit what you say or post. When you put something, whether it is written word or pictures or whatever, you will want to only post what you won’t mind millions of people seeing. Online social networking is not your personal diary. Millions of people can get access to what you post. And what you post will stay online forever. You may delete it, but it has most likely gone on someone else’s computer and they will have the ability to put it online again. It never comes off.

Photo sharing
Prevent others from taking your photo is to distort your photos a little bit. You can do this by adding a little fuzz or smearing the photo a little. You don’t want your photos to be used by anyone you do not know.

Stay safe,Enjoy,stay connected!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi every one, here every one is sharing these know-how, thus
    it's pleasant to read this web site, and I used to pay a quick visit this web site daily.
    facebook business

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Kindly use the below form to drop your comment:

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Clicksomemore.