Growing your natural hair

Natural hair always looks so healthy 

African American hair comes in an almost infinite variety of textures, from curly to woolly, from kinky to wavy, from natural and thick to straight and sleek. But whatever its texture, Black African American hair is a gift that reflects both our beauty and our ancestry.

The main principle of natural hair care for African Americans is embracing the hair's natural texture. This doesn't mean that you can't braid or style your hair; what it means is that you will avoid techniques such as chemical relaxers, straightening techniques, and extensions.

*2  methods to go natural
1.The Big Chop
Some women who decide to go natural choose to cut off all the hair that is relaxed, straightened, or chemically altered. This can result in a very short haircut and is often called 'The Big Chop.

2.Transitioning
Trim off previously relaxed hair in stages. This is referred to as transitioning.

There are things to keep in mind with both methods. The Big Chop is a drastic change and not all women are comfortable with it. Those who transition, however, should keep in mind that it can be hard to find styles to support two different hair textures. The area where the relaxed hair ends and the natural hair begins may also be weak so extra care is needed when washing, styling and detangling.


I began wearing chemical free hair in April 2012.I quickly embraced the texture in all of its fluffy, soft, coily splendor.

I did the big chop just over 4months ago after relaxing my hair for over eleven years. I decided to go natural purely because I was fed up with relaxing my weak hair,so I decided to to get my hair locked.

The first time I told my sister that I was thinking of going to lock my hair ,she was in utter shock, she tried to convince me to stop with reasons that's its hard to get it styled and that I can never dress up and look elegant or presentable especially@work. I just disagreed as there are so many cute dread styles that can make you look elegant.

I started my natural locks with finger twists. All I did was shampoo my hair, add a leave-in conditioner, then use an alcohol free gel to coil sections of hair around my finger.

I use 2 products to make my hair grow so quickly― just two brands that I cannot live without, for my roots I use T444Z hair food for my scalp(T444z hair food sure works wonders) and Bee Mine Products for moisturizing, and believe me I'm hooked!

They're versatile especially due to their smaller size― they are truly traditional locks that I maintain on my own (I hardly go to salon).

My locks are now 4months old ,they're doing real good and I'm pleased with the results...NO regrets!.

Styling Options
 Traditionally, there are quite a few styles that dominate the realm of natural hair. Among these are:
  • Braids
  • Cornrow Braids
  • Afros
  • Twists
  • Dreadlocks
Tips and Tricks: 
  • Do wash as necessary to keep your hair healthy ― shampoo your hair at least once a week. 
  • Keep your hair style short and allow it to grow as it will.
  • Clips, headbands, and barrettes can dress up your natural look and add a touch of femininity. 
Big up! to all the Naturalistas out there!....Don forget to send positive vibes to all who embark on their chemical free journey.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm
    undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.



    my website :: Dermal Meds Review

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Kindly use the below form to drop your comment:

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Clicksomemore.