US deploys B-2 stealth bombers over South Korea

Two nuclear-capable US B-2 stealth bombers flew what the US military described as “deterrence” missions over South Korea on Thursday, in a move sure to further inflame tensions with the North.

The two planes, flying out of Whiteman Air Force base in Missouri, flew the 13,000 mile round-trip in a “single continuous mission,” dropping dummy ordnance on a target range in the South, the US military said in a press release.

The two bombers were participating in an ongoing South Korea-US joint military exercise that has infuriated North Korea and prompted threats from Pyongyang to unleash an “all out war” backed by nuclear weapons.

The use of stealth fighters will further inflame tensions, given that the North was already incensed by the participation of B-52 bombers in the exercise.

US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel had stressed that all US military capability would be extended to the South, including “the nuclear umbrella, conventional strike means and missile defence.”

Culled From: Vanguard

1 comment:

  1. Hmm it appears like your website ate my first comment (it
    was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still
    new to the whole thing. Do you have any recommendations for first-time blog writers?
    I'd certainly appreciate it.

    my weblog: Beats By Dre Studio

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Kindly use the below form to drop your comment:

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Clicksomemore.