President Mugabe turns 90, says not yet to retire

Zimbabwe’s longtime President Robert Mugabe turned 90 today. In addressing his ruling Zanu-PF party faithfuls, he made it clear that he's not ready to vacate his seat yet.
When the day comes and I retire, yes, sure, the day will come, but I do not want to leave my party in tatters. I want to leave it intact.
Mugabe, who won another five years in office in last year’s election, has indicated that he intends to serve his full term until 2018 when he turns 94.

Mugabe has ruled Zimbabwe for 34 years now since the country gained independence in 1980. He is Africa's oldest leader and longest reign president. 

1 comment:

  1. Mugabe, I beg pls step down.....its enough now mchweeeew!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Kindly use the below form to drop your comment:

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Clicksomemore.