'Our president..Barraco Barner' - British girl's tweet sparks worldwide Twitter ridicule

Double mistakes......
1. First she got Obama's name spectacularly wrong.
2. Then she confused US President Barack Obama, with UK Prime Minister, David Cameron.

When 20 year old Gemma Worrall (pictured above) realized relations between Russia and Ukraine were at crisis point, she decided to share her feelings on Twitter and without pausing to check her facts, or her spelling, Gemma wrote: 'If barraco barner is our president, why is he getting involved with Russia, scary.'

A British beautician is laughing off a global Twitter storm after she mistakenly misspelt US President Barack Obama as "Barraco Barner", and appeared to think he was president of the UK.

Within hours, Gemma was trending in countries around the world as her message was retweeted more than 6,000 times, calling her 'stupid', 'spaz' and 'dumb'.

By the time she had realized her mistakes and deleted the tweet, but the screenshot had already appeared on Australian TV programmes and in Belgium.

The hashtag #barracobarner was trending around the world, and new spoof accounts @BarracoBarner (UK prez, chilling at Number 10) and Michelleo Barner (First Lady of the United States of Britain) were set up.

Meanwhile the beautician, who works in a salon in Blackpool, was being invited onto TV and radio chat shows, she tweeted again: ''Sorry my dad would kill me if I went on the radio to embrace my stupidity. I might of put a stupid tweet but I'm not that stupid to go on the radio and embrace it, boring me now'."
The youngster tried to correct the situation, writing a tweet saying : 'Right, I get it, I'm no good with politics I'll just shh now'.

She also filed other tweets saying: ''I hope I haven't offended the real @Barack Obama with my tweet but it was just a question I was curious about #sorry.'

And she pleaded with people to stop retweeting her original message, adding: 'CAN'T BREATHE, wtf is going on, phone's blowing up - retweets.'

She eventually signed off: ''Feel tight on my nan. She's going to have a heart attack when she sees me in the paper.''

Gemma insists the tweet was a spelling error and says her parents have been left 'fuming and embarrassed' after their daughter's comment went global.

She described the reaction to her tweet as 'unbelievable', and said she had received a lot of abuse from around the world.
When I first put the tweet the reaction it got was unbelievable. I'll admit it was a ditsy moment and the tweet is ridiculous, but over the last few days the response I have had from people has been awful.

I have had messages from strangers calling me a 'stupid cow' and an 'oxygen thief'.

One person said 'I'd love to stab dumb f**s like this and rip their tongues out'. It's terrible.

Some of the comments I was getting were funny and I could have a good laugh at myself but others were just brutal and extreme and they were coming from all over the world.

I might have had a bit of a ditsy moment but I don't deserve to be called such horrible names. I am harmless and didn't mean to offend anyone with my tweet.

I was watching the news and tried to act clever but it backfired.
Below are some Twitter reactions......
Miss Worrall confused US President Barack Obama, left, with UK Prime Minister, David Cameron, right.
She appeared on the front page of the gazette
Barraco Barner and Michelleo Barner spoof twitter accounts

Source: Dailymail

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it,
    you happen to be a great author. I will be sure to bookmark your blog and
    will come back at some point. I want to encourage you to continue your great work, have a nice holiday
    weekend!

    Here is my web-site :: เสื้อผ้าแฟชั่นราคาถูก

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Kindly use the below form to drop your comment:

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Clicksomemore.